Composite bonding is a way of improving the appearance of your teeth using a minimally invasive process. It involves placing white filling material over your existing teeth in order to change the shape, size, colour and texture. It can be carried out in a single appointment with the Dentist, which means you can walk out the door with a brand new smile in no time at all!
What Can Composite Bonding Be Used For?
Composite bonding has a number of uses General Dentistry, Preventative Dentistry and Cosmetic Dentistry. Some of these uses include:
- To fill a damaged tooth
- To repair chipped teeth
- To increase the length of teeth
- To close gaps and spaces between teeth
- To improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- To change the shape of teeth
- To cover an exposed root surface of teeth in order to improve appearance and also protect the teeth
What Are The Benefits of Composite Bonding?
- It conserves tooth tissue, hence is a conservative way of improving the appearance of teeth
- It can last a long time
- It can blend in with the natural tooth colour
- Using composite can mean very little or no preparation needed of your existing tooth
- It can be cheaper than other forms of cosmetic treatment
- Can be used as an adjunct to whitening and Invisalign straightening treatments to really enhance your smile
How Do You Look After Your Teeth Once They Have Had Composite Bonding?
Once your composite bonding has been carried out, it is important to brush and floss your teeth twice a day. Composite Bonding can last between up to seven years, and possibly longer if looked after well. Composite Bonding can chip, wear and stain over time – therefore, it is recommended that it is checked at your routine dental examinations, to ensure that composites can be repaired and polished fairly easily. Some patients do also require a guard to be worn at night, in order to protect the bonding during sleep.
If composite bonding sounds like something that can work for you, or if you are interested in finding out more about our smile makeovers, please feel free to book in for a complimentary smile consultation.