We hope you are keeping safe and well during these difficult times.
We are writing to inform you of some good news – we are planning to reopen our Dental Practice in Kingston-upon-Thames from the 1st July 2020, and after months of lockdown, we want to make Kingston smile again!
During this period of lockdown, the Thames Street Dental team have been working hard to ensure all guidelines are in place to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff. We want to reassure you of some of the measures which we have in place for your safety prior to reopening the practice.
- We continue to have a thorough decontamination process and central sterilisation room, in order to offer the highest standards of cross infection.
- We have an enhanced level of PPE (personal protective equipment), so please do not be alarmed when you see our staff, as it may not be what you were used to before the lockdown.
- We have installed a HEPA/UVC filter in the surgery to help minimise any risk of spread of the virus and will be keeping windows open to help circulate air during treatments.
- We have new COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures for treating patients during this time
- We have made some changes to the patient journey, to help ensure that all staff and patients are able to socially distance effectively (more on this later)
Of course, lockdown caused the cancellation of numerous appointments. In order to help get over the initial backlog of patients, the first few weeks after opening, we will be prioritising appointments of our patients that are in need of immediate/emergency care, but during this time, we will be in touch with those who have had an appointment cancelled, in order to reschedule.
If you require an urgent appointment, please do not hesitate to contact us, so that we can book you in as soon as possible.
If you would like to book in a dental examination appointment, please give us a call and we will be more than happy to arrange this for you.
Please note, we would like to request your cooperation in maintaining a safe environment when you visit the practice. When you attend the practice, we would appreciate if you were to note the following guidelines and changes:
- Each patient will be called the day before their appointment to undergo COVID-19 screening questions. If you develop any symptoms, please do not attend your appointment, but let us know over the phone
- You may wish to wear a mask whilst in the practice due to new government guidelines relating to enclosed public spaces.
- Please try and come alone to your appointment, in order to help us maintain having just one patient in the practice at any one time
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your appointment, in order for us to limit the number of patients in the building at any one time
- You will be asked to use hand sanitiser on arrival in the reception
- Your temperature will be taken to ensure that you do not have a fever
- If you are undergoing a treatment, you will be asked to leave your coat and bag in a designated box
- In order to limit the need to fill out forms, we may ask to update your medical history over the phone and to sign it off at reception. We will of course be wiping down any pens that are used, but you may feel more comfortable to bring your own
- In order to ensure that the toilet facilities have been sufficiently disinfected after each use, we may ask you to wait before using them. We recommend using the facilities at home prior to your appointment. If you do require the facility, please inform a member of staff so that the area can be disinfected immediately after use.
- Once in the surgery, we will ask you to rinse your mouth with mouthwash for 60 seconds.
- Once your treatment has been completed, you will again be asked to use hand sanitiser prior to leaving the practice.
We appreciate this may be a lot of information to remember, but do not worry – we are here to remind you, and help you keep safe throughout your visit.
We look forward to seeing you again, and are happy to hear any comments or questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient safe in our practice. To contact us, please call us on 0208 546 6 546 or alternatively email us via our website.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We value your trust and loyalty and the whole team look forward to welcoming back our patients and friends. Smile, Kingston – We’re back!
Dr Ajay Ruparel and Dr Neeshita Ruparel